- Either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or the Availability tab, send your initial request with your full contact information. Full contact information is required to complete the process of scheduling a session. Full contact information consists of your legal first and last name, home and work address, cell phone, and email, etc. (Please know for security reasons, this information is required for all individuals coming to the in-house studio – including companies scheduling multiple individuals. Full contact information is required for each individual coming to the studio.)
- Please specify the type of photoshoot you are looking for, when you need the session, and what deliverables you need.
Initial Client Discussion
- We’ll schedule a call to discuss your request. Be sure to discuss preferences around style, lighting, backgrounds, looks, and retouching, special issues, etc. For more detailed tips on things to consider, be sure to read the blog “Find the Best Portrait or Headshot Photographer Near You.” If you are calling for a business or corporation looking for group photography, be sure to read the post “When All Portrait Photography Is Not Alike.”
- Once agreement is reached and a date is picked for a session, a booking fee is required that is generally 20-25% of the total amount due the day of the shoot.
- The booking fee must be paid a minimum of two business days prior to your scheduled session.
- Exact payment only can be made.
- The booking fee applies to the total amount due in most circumstances. However, a minimum of 48 hour rescheduling or cancellation notice is required or the fee becomes non-refundable.
What to Do To Get Ready for Your Shoot
- Once the booking fee is received, a PDF will be emailed to you that contains details on what to do to get ready for the photo shoot. The file will contain information on what to wear, what to bring, etc. This will likely be a review of some or most of what was discussed during the initial consultation, but you should review the PDF to ensure you are familiar with what to expect the day of the shoot. You will also receive another PDF with driving directions.
- In general, since photographers need to show their work on-line and elsewhere, clients are asked to sign a model release stating they are aware images from their sessions might appear on-line at the Janice D Nelson Photography website and elsewhere in marketing materials, promotional articles, and more.
- Also, if the client being photographed is a minor, parental signatures are required from both parents or guardians on an additional child modeling release form.
When images are released to clients
- Final images are released to clients only after final payment in full is received. Payment in full is required the day of the shoot.
- In general, please allow one day of post-processing for each image selected for retouching.
- If you select electronic delivery, finished images are uploaded to the https://janicednelson.com website under the Client Login page. From there you will download each image from your personal login page. Instructions are provided both on-line and in a PDF you will be sent once your images are ready for download.
Consolidated Portrait Pricing Plan
Mini Portrait Session
A La Carte Pricing Menu