Congratulations on your newest family member! It’s an exciting time, and I know it is important to you to capture images of those first precious two weeks.
Prerequisites for Scheduling a Newborn Photography Session
When calling to book a newborn photography session, please provide:
1. Full contact information including where you are located and whether you are having a girl or boy (or both).
2. Whether you want to have the photo session at my location or yours. If the session is held in your home, please consider the following:
– Is proper lighting available? Ideally I will want a photo or two, so that I can scope out the area and check the available lighting.
– In addition, the room will likely need to be adjusted for the photo (lighting issues, removing clutter and making sure the background is not distracting, etc.). Are you comfortable with things being moved, if necessary?
3. What deliverables you are looking for and what budget you are looking to stay within. That is, would you like the result of the session to be prints only, prints matted – framed – and ready to hang, or digital images of the best retouched photos from the session? I will work with you, if possible, to stay within your budget needs.
4. (Optional) What type of look you want to achieve, if applicable. Knowing this will help me determine if I currently have the proper props, lighting setup, and equipment.
5. Who will be attending the session with you and your baby, if applicable. If brothers and sisters are going to be present, is someone going to be available to watch them while the baby is photographed? Who else do you want in the photos? Pets? Siblings?
Knowing answers to the above will help me provide an accurate estimate, determine whether my setting or yours is appropriate, and whether I am the best photographer for you. Please allow up to four hours for the typical newborn shoot (one newborn).