What Is a Professional Headshot?
Headshots vs. portraits are a tightly cropped image that focuses on the face. Headshots fill the frame from the collarbone on up or from slightly lower. They may even have the top of the head slightly cropped off. Expression and energy is especially important in a headshot because the focus is soley on the face.
What is a Modeling Headshot?
Modeling headshots tend to be cropped vertically as 8x10s and show a bit more of the upper body (i.e., from the mid or upper chest). A headshot might also consist of a beauty shot – an image highlighting details of skin texture, makeup, or a beauty product.
Headshots are great for Social Media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram. Typically LinkedIn headshots are cropped at a 1×1 ratio (i.e., height and width are equal).
Who ScheduleS a Headshot PhotoshooT
Professional headshots are available for all clients.
Headshot Photoshoot Locations
Headshot photography services are available at the in-house Lombard, IL studio or on-location (additional cost incurred). All on-location shoots generally require a written estimate and contract.
Headshots can be cropped from portrait sessions, and many times are for sites like LinkedIn since they make use of a 1×1 crop. Additional options at the in-house Lombard studio include:
- Traditional and contemporary lighting, (soft boxes, ring light, beauty dish)
- Plain, textured, or canvas backgrounds (See the blog post on choosing a photography background)
Clients who schedule a CPPP headshot session and select an image for retouching are given several versions of their selected, retouched file. Clients receive:
- One optimized digital srgb file for social media that is watermarked
- One optimized digital srgb file for corporate websites that is not watermarked
- One optimized digital AdobeRGB file for use at professional print houses
- One cropped srgb file for LinkedIn (1×1)
Scheduling a Session
See Book Now for information on scheduling a session.